Sunday, May 16, 2010

On the blog, again...

Wow, a lot has happened since my last post back in 2008. Everything turned out okay with my ISP and all that jazz. I finished up the rest of my college days back in America and just graduated last weekend! It was hard to get back into a more structured routine, and I don't know that I ever fully recovered from learning to expect the unexpected. However, I am thankful for my entire college experience and the challenges I have face in the last year and a half since writing have made me a stronger person.

Anyway, enough about me and the past. I've decided to get back to blogging again for two reasons. First, my college roommate and I, along with a few of her high school friends, have decided to go on a cross-country roadtrip! And I figured, what better way to document my travels than to share it on the internet?! We have a bit of a plan together, but we're not entirely sure how it will all pan out. They're planning on driving from Virginia to my home in Kentucky, where we'll start off with some Bourbon Trailing and then move farther north from there. We'll see how it goes.

The second reason is that I might be returning to South Africa this summer! The organization that did my study abroad program also does summer programs for high school students called "Experiment in International Living," and they hire recent grads and such to be group leaders. I have my interview tomorrow, so I'll know for sure then. It's a little nerve-wracking for me not having a summer job lined up (this is the first summer that I haven't already had a job in place by this time of year). But I figure if I don't get the job, it just gives me more time to travel around the states, and when will I really get the chance to do this again?

No comments: