Friday, December 5, 2008

I'm Done!

I'm finally finished with my ISP! Hooray!! All I have to do is print it out, bind it, and turn it in tomorrow morning. Yesterday I took a bit of a break from all the writing and went to a mosque in downtown Durban. It was really pretty, and I learned a lot Islam that I didn't know before, so it was very interesting. We also went to a used bookstore, and then a very small group of people went to a Korean restaurant right next to the Gateway mall. We also had our last braai at the backpackers, which was a little sad. I don't think that it's really hit me yet that I'm leaving in a week! Today after I print everything out, I'm gonna go back to Cato Manor for a little to give my family some pictures that I took while I stayed there, and tell them goodbye. I wish I could visit my other families, but I think Cookie is still off traveling somewhere, and I don't really have time to go all the way back to the rural areas. My friend who I lived with in the rural areas is staying a little after the program ends, though, so I gave her some pictures to take them as well. Tonight a few of us are having a celebratory dinner at the Roma revolving restaurant. I think it will be a lot of fun and a good way to finish the ISP period.

Things I will miss about South Africa:
  • All of my homestay families
  • The Hostel and the people there
  • The people in my program
  • The Botanic Gardens
  • The beach
  • All of the different Markets
  • The laid back amosphere
  • Florida road
  • The rural areas
  • The mini-buses with their ridiculous names and designs
  • Braais every Tuesday, Thursday, AND Sunday
  • Rugby!
  • Random adventures and not knowing what's going to happen next
  • The game drive and the hike at the South Coast
  • Zulu
  • Beads!
  • Everything is pretty inexpensive because of the exchange rate (yesterday $1 was worth 10.32 rands!)
I think this probably will be my last entry because we have presentations of our projects tomorrow, then leave for the Drakensburg mountains on Sunday. Then I'll be going to Cape Town for a few days, and then I will be coming home! I still can't believe it! Thanks for reading blog, I hope you enjoyed it. Sala Kahle!

No comments: