Thursday, November 6, 2008

No, really, I don't want to marry you.

This morning I was at the Workshop waiting for the shuttle to the office, and this random guy who was trying to sell something came up to my friend and me. Only, he wasn't trying to sell his product to us, he had very different motives. He asked if we had jobs, then if we were married. We both said no we weren't married, and when my friend said she had a boyfriend, he started trying to get my contact information. I tried to pull the whole "my parents are in America so you'll have a hard time getting permission" but he was really persistent. He started talking about how he could get a picture and video chat. Then he asked for my number and I told him i didn't have a phone. He wrote his number on a card and gave it to me and told me to call him from a pay phone later today. I promptly tore up the card after he left. It's really annoying how some people are so persistent sometimes. I've tried telling people that I already have a boyfriend but even that doesn't work because they'll just say "leave him and marry me!" Maybe next time I'll just tell them I'm married.

Anyway, I'm still working on my paper. I finished revising my proposal, so that's good, and hopefully it will pass this time. I got lucky with my revisions- I just had to change a few things. Some people had to write completely new proposals. All I have left to do now is finish my paper, which is almost done. I'm so sick of working at the SIT office, though. I really just want to work somewhere else, but my computer is STILL not fixed. The guy never came yesterday to fix it, and was supposed to have gotten here about 45 minutes ago. I'm getting pretty angry about it.

I'm just ready for tomorrow. I think I will finally be able to play some ultimate with the local Durban folk on the beach! I'm really excited about it! I'm not in the best shape right now, but it will feel so good to play ultimate. I really miss it a lot!

No comments: