Friday, November 7, 2008

My Computer is finally fixed...sort of

Yesterday was a pretty rough day for me. I think it was just the accumulation of all the stress and the fact that I thought I was going to lose everything on my computer. The guy was replacing my hard drive, but he neglected to tell me that he didn't have any way of extracting all the files on my computer and that I would lose everything. I frantically tried to put as much stuff as possible on my flash drive to no avail. Fortunately we were able to convince the guy to let us take the hard drive to this other place to back up all of my files. And fortunately, our academic director had a copy of Microsoft Office so I can actually do work on my computer now. I still don't have a lot of the programs that I need, but I'll have to go to an internet cafe or something because we're not really supposed to download stuff at SIT. But yeah definitely a bad day yesterday. On the bright side though, I got a dvd slideshow from my summer camp and it made me feel so much better! I love camp!

But anyway, I feel much better today, and all of my work is done! At least until our official ISP time starts tomorrow. Then I'll have to get back to work. But for now I'm going to relax a little, (hopefully) play some beach ultimate, and hang out with people at the hostel. I'm really glad that I'm staying at the hostel instead of the fancy apartments where some of the other students are staying. I get to meet a lot of cool people from all over the world, and we have braais three times a week! The people are all so friendly, too! It's hard to tell who works there and who doesn't! Anyway, I guess I should go try to prep more for my ISP or something before I leave the office. Sala kahle!

No comments: