Saturday, October 11, 2008

The Durban Walk

I'm using an internet cafe in a mall, and I only have a few minutes left, so this will be a short update. Yesterday, we went on our rescheduled walking tour of Durban. We started off at the Musgrave mall (where I am now), walked down through the warwick junction markets, all the way through to the harbor. We had a really eccentric tour guide who literally described bird poop on the sidewalk as a natural Jackson Pollack painting. I was a little skeptical of him at first, but he ended up being pretty cool. My favorite part was walking through the muthi market where they had traditional medicines and herbs and animal skins. I couldn't take pictures because they don't like photos taken there, but it was cool, I promise. Well, time's up...I'll write more monday!

No comments: